Gone are the days when you had to tire out your shoulders and arms carrying around a pet carrier. Thanks to the invention of cat carriers with wheels, traveling with your furry buddy has been made so much easier. And let’s face it, we all like comfort especially when it comes with some style.
In a Hurry? Check Out Our Top Wheeled Cat Carriers
The 5 Best Wheeled Cat Carriers
The wheeled cat carriers we are about to unveil below come with all this and so much more. So, sit back, relax, and let us tell you all about the most efficient cat carriers with wheels available today.
1. Pet Peppy Wheeled Cat Carrier
Pros & Cons
The Pet Peppy Wheeled Carrier was designed as an all in one cat carrier, perfect for all types of use. It is everything you need in a pet carrier, the right amount of comfortable, practical, stylish and spacious. Some notable features include:
- Spacious carrier bag offering sufficient wiggle room for your pet
- Adequate ventilation for your cat
- Meets airline pet travel carrier requirements
- Enables shoulder carrying and rolling on its wheels
- Carries cats up to 15 lbs and measures 18 x 11 x 11.5 inches
- Durable and affordable
- Seat belt loops for the safety of your pet
The zips are designed in an easy to open fashion and are also sturdy and do not break easily. There are front and top-loading doors that make it convenient for the ease of entry and exit of your cat. The mesh panels on either side of the carrier enable your pet to get sufficient airflow and see outside when traveling.
The wheels on the bag are built in, they provide smooth rolling for your carrier. The Pet Peppy Wheeled Carrier meets the airline requirements allowing for cabin travel with your cat.
It is spacious enough to give your cat space to roll around and stretch. The bag also features storage pockets to store any required accessories or pet treats when traveling.
When not wheeling, you can use the padded shoulder straps that are very comfortable – the wheels can be retracted when you are carrying it on your shoulders. It also doubles as a great pet bed.
2. Sherpa On Wheels Pet Carrier
Pros & Cons
Some of the things that a pet owner considers when looking for the ideal cat transport bag are the levels of comfort, space, and safety. These are a few of the excellent features of the Sherpa On Wheels Pet Carrier. Other notable features of the Sherpa On Wheels Pet Carrier include:
- Adjustable padded shoulder straps
- Easy-glide four wheels
- Meets most airlines requirements
- Adequate ventilation for your cat
- Medium Carrier Measures: 18” x 11” x 10.5”, for pets up to 16 lbs
- Large Carrier Measures: 21” x 12.25” x 10.5”, for pets up to 22 lbs
- Privacy flaps are available for keeping things discreet
- Several accessory pockets
- Top and side entry and exit
- Comfortable to use, durable and convenient
- Flexible to fit under airline seats
- The largest size might not meet all airlines requirements
The carrier features recessed wheels that make rolling around very easy. Shoulder carrying is also an option; the carrier comes with comfortable padded shoulder straps that you can adjust to your most comfortable position. The accessory pockets incorporated into the bag are large enough to fit your pet treats. They are also a great fashion feature of the pack.
Your cat’s privacy is also brought into consideration with the installation of roll down flaps. Top and side entry and exit make it very easy to load your pet into the carrier. There is also a seat belt strap for the safety of your pet when driving. The dimensions, size, and style of the bag are approved by most airlines and the wheels fitted to the carrier allow it to roll on four wheels.
3. PetoteRio Bag On Wheels
Pros & Cons
Traveling with your cat has never been more stylish and comfortable thanks to the PetoteRio Bag which is the perfect blend of luxury, comfort, and convenience. Notable features of the PetoteRio Bag On Wheels cat carrier include:
- Weight capacity of up to 12 lbs. Dimensions: 13.75″ x 12″ x 18.5″
- It comes as a three in one carrier bag
- Sufficient ventilation provided by three-sided mesh walls
- Washable blanket for your cat
- Extra pockets for your accessories and carrying essentials
- Detachable wheels making it easier to fit in the car or plane’s cabin
- Safety leash for secure fastening in the car
- It is an Airline approved carrier
- The lid is stiff, does not remain open to allow the cat to poke its head out when outdoors
- Although it is riddled with amazing accessories, the price is high compared to many wheeled carriers
It is a roller pet carrier that doubles as a backpack and also a car seat. The roller wheels are detachable to enable you to fit it into the car, the overhead luggage compartment of a plane, or carry on your back. The straps are also removable in case you opt to push the carrier instead. There is sufficient ventilation and a view of your cat’s surroundings thanks to the mesh sides. It’s safe and has a soft cushioning blanket for extra padding when your cat is sleeping.
The carrier also features side pockets for additional storage and a back pocket that can hold a laptop. There is an internal safety leash for your cat, again reinforcing their safety and preventing them from being thrown around. As you would expect, a carrier with such convenience and options does not come cheap. For a figure of roughly $160, you can afford your cat this penthouse of a carrier!
4. Coopeter Cat Wheel
Pros & Cons
This Coopeter Cat Wheel is one of the most convenient pet or cat carrier devices available on the market. It is foldable, detachable, has wheels and excellent features for the comfort of your cat. Notable features of the Coopeter wheel carrier include:
- Practical, convenient and durable
- Adjustable shoulder straps or you can choose to use the wheels to roll it across the ground
- Waterproof hence contains any accidental spillages
- Product Dimensions : 24.05″ X 16.75″ X 14.5″
- Seat belt buckle and secure leash for pet safety
- Foldable and therefore can fit into your travel suitcase
- Affordable yet stylish
- The bag does not come with a user manual
- The plastic bubble cracks easily
The bag is also waterproof which keeps your pet warm and dry regardless of the weather. The Coopeter Cat Wheel is a welcome change from the hassle of carrying pet carriers on your shoulders. It has front and side entry and exit for easy entry of your cat. The sides have a mesh that allows free airflow and visibility for your pet. The Coopeter Cat Wheel also features snack pockets and sufficient paw room for your furry buddy.
The safety of your pet in a car and during a flight is also considered with this bag. There is a secure leash inside, seat belt straps, and comfortable padding when your cat needs to sleep. The Coopeter Cat Wheel is easy to install once you get it home. It takes a three-step process that is fast and straightforward. The bag is an ideal pet carrier on hikes, flights, drives or even strolls outdoors.
5. Zuca Zuzuca Pet Carrier
Pros & Cons
The Zuca Zuzuca Pet Carrier is a guaranteed comfort travel carrier for you and your cat. It works great for car trips as well as air travel. For around $160 you can get this carrier which features a snug bed for your furry companion providing your pet with ample paw, stretch and wiggle room. Notable features of the Zuca Zuzuca Pet carrier include:
- It’s effortless to use, especially when handling the zippers
- Ease in cleaning thanks to the fabric
- Safe for your pet to stay in thanks to ample space and great ventilation
- Durable and sturdy body
- Has wheels that are able to function on uneven terrains including stairs
- It is Airline approved
- It is a bit costly when compared to other carriers of its kind
- It comes in garish colors and it is too bulky
The insert bag is removable and can be hand washed to keep your cat’s space clean. It comes with a mesh panel on the side that provides ventilation and a view for your cat. This carrier can be fastened with a car seatbelt for your cat’s safety thanks to the frame of the Zuca Zuzuca carrier which allows the direct fixing of a seat belt.
With the Zuca Zuzuca pet carrier, you don’t need to worry about exhaustion from carrying it on your shoulders or across your back since it is fitted with dual wheels that can even be used on stairs with ease. The best thing about this carrier is that it is airline approved hence you don’t have to worry in case you plan on traveling by air.
Well, there you have it, the best wheeled cat carriers to keep your cat comfortable throughout your journeys. While all these cat carriers are excellent, let’s face it, there has to be one that stands out from the rest.
That is the airline approved Pet Peppy wheeled cat carrier. This is because of its ease in use as well as its safety, stylish look, comfort and most importantly, airline approved status. As a bonus, this carrier doubles as a bed for your cat. So, if you can look past its hefty price tag, you’ve got yourself a keeper.
When it comes to a convenient yet affordable cat carrier on wheels, the Sherpa On Wheels takes the trophy. This makes it a great and affordable alternative to its Pet Peppy counterpart.